You will be supporting students academically, developing life skills, social independence, participating in work placement and outdoor activities. This role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. You will be supporting learners with Autism, severe learning disabilities and varying levels of behaviour in a specialist learning environment. You'll be required to use a patient, calm and engaging approach to learners, their learning and needs, and be able to work creatively and pro-actively.
The ideal person:
- Working in a similar environment or other experience of working with special needs.
- Resilience and patience, compassion and understanding.
- An ability to be proactive, creative and empathetic.
- To adhere to the school's policies and practices.
In return we offer
- Competitive pay through PAYE (No Umbrella Companies!)
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEN consultant
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.