Protocol Education are currently recruiting learning support assistants from creative backgrounds to work in an outstanding specialist college to start in Immediately. Located in Kingston Upon Thames, this outstanding college are looking for individuals with/without experience that can work creatively with students and applying their creative skills that enable students to access the work in a more focused approach. As a learning support assistant, you will be supporting young people with special needs in small groups or on a one-to-one basis, assisting in vocational courses, supporting students in the community, developing independence, and helping learners with employability. In addition, you will be developing learners’ numeracy, literacy and delivering creative sessions such as cooking, music, gardening, and art.
- Located in Kingston Upon Thames, London
- Monday to Thursday, with the option of other work on Fridays
- Yearlong placement with the option of working continuing
- Working in class sizes of no more than 6 - 8 students per class
- Supporting students in lessons and on a one-to-one basis
- Promoting a positive learning experience and social awareness
- Encouraging sensory based learning
- Working with students in community outreach work
- Teaching life skills such as cooking, shopping, and promoting independence
- Experienced consultant
- Free training to support you in your role
- No umbrella companies
- Competitive pay
To be considered for to this role please submit your application ASAP whilst roles last. Alternatively, you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be considered, and all suitable applications will be contacted within 24hrs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.