We are currently looking for an experienced registered Childrens Care Home Manager.
What the role is?
We are looking to appoint an experienced and motivated Manager to support LAC and sen needs within a home in the Stockton area.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal person will be friendly, hard-working, passionate, and have a genuine interest in their role whilst being able to effectively manage and run a busy Childrens home. We are looking for someone who can bring new ideas whilst listening to others within the team.
You will need to have experience of working within a senior role in children's residential settings,
Key Skills and responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience of manageing a care home
- Experience of working with looked after children and vulnerable children
- Customer service skills
- Leadership and Business management skills
- Able to make effective decisions
- Can communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Maintain and update records as needed and in accordance with guidelines
- Stock check and ordering of equipment
- Promote high standards within the home- experiences of children, environment, and resources
- Ensure that children receive experiences appropriate to their age
- Create professional relationships with parents/carers and other family members
- Be able to create and work in a reflective way with self-evaluation
- Identify any training needs
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with other team members
- You will need to be able to write and keep effective notes on the children in the setting whilst maintaining confidentiality.
The ideal person:
- Qualified in Leadership & Management in residential children's services or equivalent Level 3 and above
- Is proven to be able to lead a team
- Understands safeguarding
- Social work degree is an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of the Children Act & Children’s Homes Regulations
- Experience of working with vulnerable children
- Can demonstate effective leadership
- Can demonstarte knowledge of OFSTED
- At least 2 years’ experience with LAC
- Experience of business management
- DBS on the update service (willing to purchase)
References covering most recent 3 years of employment
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.