Protocol is currently recruiting for experienced SEN teaching assistants to work in SEN colleges across Surrey. Locations include Leatherhead, Dorking, Woking, Guilford and Farnborugh. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply with students that have PMLD/ SLD in Further Education colleges.
Your main duties will include:
• Inspiring and engaging with young adults with physical and mental difficulties.
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils; this may include feeding, changing and manual handling.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have PMLD, SLD, ASD & MLD would be preferable.
Other experience & qualifications desirable:
•Team Teach/MAPA qualified
•First Aid trained
Successful Applicants will be subject to references and an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for a Protocol DBS.
Protocol Education offers all Teaching Assistants:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements
• Free CPD courses
Contact Alan at Protocol Education on 020 8971 1296 for further information. Or send your CV to email@example.com