Protocol Education are currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant to be based in a school in Southwark which is only a 15-minute walk from Peckham Train Station.
This school specializes in supporting children aged 5 - 11 with autistic spectrum disorders, significant speech & language difficulties, development delay and complex needs. This is highly demanding but rewarding role where you will be helping to develop the child's independence and encourage their growth through numerous development strategies.
Your main duties would be:
· Working 1:1 or in small groups.
Catering to each students' individual needs.
Encouraging and supporting students.
· Providing support for teaching staff.
· Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
· Assessing and reporting individual student progress.
· Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers and education welfare officers.
Other experience or skills which would be beneficial:
· Having knowledge in Rebound Therapy, Music Therapy and Picture Exchange Communication System.
· Team Teach
· First Aid Trained
If you are interested in this role then please apply online successful applicants will be connected within 3 working days.
Successful applicants will be subject to reference checks and an up to date DBS