The aim of our school is to provide an inspired and practical learning environment with a focus upon success and the development of citizenship and life skills. This role requires perseverance, confidence and determination as you may need to handle challenging situations strongly, therefore you will need to be prepared. You will need to be flexible, have plenty of enthusiasm, motivation, good communication skills and the ability to work 1-1 or with small groups on specific programmes if required.
The most important part of your role is to create and promote positive outcomes and behaviour. This is improved by clear boundaries and structure, to create emotional stability and physical safety.
Please note due to the current circumstances and schools being temporarily closed, this role will hopefully start in May half-term. However This is Subject to change and could start in September 2020
- Managing pupil's behaviour
- Ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
- Helping the students with their life skills
For this role, you will have:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools, Pupil Referral Units or in Youth Work.
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- Happy to work one to one and small group work
- An enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and all successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application. For a confidential chat please call the office on 0191 2797270 and ask for Katie
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.