Protocol Education is seeking committed, reliable, passionate teaching assistants near Kingston to work in an all through special needs school. This is an outstanding school for students with special needs and disabilities, these needs include Autism, Down Syndrome, Mental Disabilities and Physical Disabilities. The school requires an experienced member of staff who can show the proven skills and knowledge to work in this environment, anyone who has worked in a special needs environment or has worked as a care worker would be ideal for this position.
This is a full-time support position up until the end of the 2020/2021 academic school year, with a competitive salary.
The school are looking for individuals that are:
• Passionate about working in education
• Experienced working with children with ASD and complex needs
• Adaptable, and able to work in a challenging setting
• Interested in working in a different environment
• Committed, resilient and caring
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working children with SEMH.
- Supporting their everyday activities and any challenges that they may face.
- Working on a 1:1 basis with individuals.
- Supporting teachers in a classroom with lesson planning and managing pupils' behaviours.
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and all successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.