Mainstream Secondary School support
This lovely school, located in the heart of Hounslow are looking for teachings assistants to support students with hearing impairments both on a one to one basis and within a group setting.
As part of the role you will have the opportunity to also work with visually impaired students where you will be able to your skills in under hand signing as well as utilising your BSL. As part of the you will be be required to provide a positive learning experience, differentiate the work to meet the students needs, encourage communication development and utilise sensory integration.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Qualified or experience in British Sign language (BSL) Level 2 or above
- Communicate with parents and carers
- Able to relay BSL from hearing impaired students to non-signing students or adults.
- Excellent strategic & communication skills, the ability to use initiative and that can work well under pressure.
- Hold professional references (covering 3 years of recent employment )
- Be a driven and passionate person
- Demonstrate commitment to working in partnership with students, teachers, parents and the community
- Have Clear & Current DBS or willing to purchase one