The school is looking for individuals aiming to provide a happy, stimulating and safe learning environment where pupils are positively encouraged to engage in their learning. Teachers within the school are exceptional practitioners, who work as part of a widespread multi-disciplinary team of specialists to plan individual learning paths, that ensure children are given the best opportunities to thrive and become independent.
This is a full-time support position up until the end of the 2020/2021 academic school year, with a competitive salary.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working children with SEMH.
- Supporting their everyday activities and any challenges that they may face.
- Working on a 1:1 basis with individuals.
- Supporting teachers in a classroom with lesson planning and managing pupils' behaviours.
- Ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
- A passion for working in special needs.
- Previous experience of working on a 1:1 basis with individuals.
- An Enhanced DBS disclosure on the Update Service, or the willingness to undertake one through us.
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour from young adults and be able to show a calm approach to this behaviour.
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and all successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.