Behaviour Support Worker
Protocol Education are working with a school in the Huddersfield area who are after a behaviour support worker to support their students with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health) needs aged 8 to 16. This is a temp to perm role and the hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30-3.30
- Has excellent outdoor facilities located on a lot of land
- Ensure learning is enjoyable and tailored to the needs and interests of each student
- Help students reach their full potential
- Develop the skills to be successful in their life after school
- Provide the students with vocational opportunities
- Support students in their personal and educational development
- Build rapport with the students
- Use an innovative approach to learning
- Work as a team with the staff and teacher
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Have experience working with students with SEMH needs
- Be confident in handling challenging behaviours
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Work well in a team
If you are interested in this role and fit the requirements, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Sam on 0113 246 8220 to discuss things further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.