Do you have the ability to be a role model and inspire pupils attending a pupil referral unit?
Are you resilient and strong minded to support pupils on the right path that have been permanently excluded from a mainstream setting and present with challenging behaviour?
We are currently working with a number of pupil referral units in Bradford and Wakefield, who are looking for experienced behaviour support workers on a temporary basis which could lead to a permanent role. All the pupils have been excluded from mainstream schools due to their behaviour and may present with challenging behaviour or social, emotional and mental health issues. To be successful you will need to have specific skills set that are not only experiences, but a versatility of knowledge and skills that can be implemented in the pupils teaching and learning.
For this experienced behaviour support assistant role, you will:
• Have experience of working as a behaviour support assistant in a pupil referral unit or similar setting.
• Be a strong minded, resilient individual.
• Have the ability to be inspiring, acting as a role model through encouraging positive behaviour.
• Build trusted relationships with pupils in order to best support their needs.
• Have Team Teach training or willing to do the CPD training.
• Have the ability to adapt your approach using differentiated strategies to encourage pupils to stay on task.
If you are interested and you believe you have got what it takes to build a career as a behaviour support assistant, email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.