A secondary school based in Bristol are looking to appoint a Behaviour Mentor to support pupils and deliver SEMH interventions for those displaying complex or challenging behaviour across all age groups.
Whilst you may have experience of working in an education setting already, you may have experience in the following instead:
- Working in the care or mental health sector
- Psychology and sociology graduates
- Support or social worker
- Youth/ extra-curricular activities
Start date: ASAP or 1st September.
Part-time will be considered
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about helping others
- Be patient and understanding
- Have empathy and understanding of issues that young people face today
- Engage and inspire pupils
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Has an energised and professional working environment
- Celebrates diversity
- Works in partnership with families
- Has a real ‘family’ feel – where you’ll be supported on your journey
- Good public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.