We are urgently recruiting for an outstanding, dedicated Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant with recent classroom experience, for a full-time position to support a child 1:1 with Autism. This position is for a primary school based in the London borough of Barking and Dagenham, the school is in a great location being only 30 minutes travel away from Central London.
The school aims to provide the highest standards of teaching and learning so that all children can achieve their academic potential. As a school they ensure that they foster and develop the social and emotional well-being of their children as well as concentrating on developing the potential of their staff. They have recently been graded 'Outstanding' by OFSTED would be an amazing school to work in, they are highly focused on the idea that every student should recieve equal opportunities and to make sure they are prepared to manage life challenges.
We are seeking applicants who have the appropriate personal characteristics, experience, knowledge and skills. Having previous experience supporting a child with Autism is important, it doesn’t have to be in education but it is a necessary requirement.
Candidates should ideally:
• Have previous SEN experience working with young people.
• Have good communication skills
• Have a good sense of humour
• Be flexible
• Have Excellent attendance and punctuality record
In return Protocol Education can offer;
• Local job opportunities with a dedicated consultant
• Access to professionally accredited training and courses including Cache Endorsed Learning Programmes (ELPs)
• In-branch workshops and seminars delivering skills and knowledge TAs need to be effective in the classroom and beyond
• Competitive Pay rates
• The peace of mind of working with a reputable and established company
To apply please register your details and send in an updated CV or for more information contact one of our London offices and speak to a consultant now.
Applicants will be subject to Protocol Education’s child safety standards and background checks.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.