Protocol is currently recruiting for experienced ASD teaching assistants to work in schools across South London. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply in SEN schools across the key stages.
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have autism at varying levels on the spectrum would be preferable.
Your main duties will include:
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
• Working alongside and advising learning support assistants
Other experience and qualifications preferable:
• Confidence in working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
• Team Teach qualified
Successful Applicants will be subject to references and an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for a Protocol DBS.
Protocol Education offers all Teaching Assistants:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
• Free CPD courses
Contact Fred at Protocol Education on 02089711284 for further information. Or send your CV to FOfori-Atta@protocol-education.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.