A ‘GOOD’ (by OFSTED) primary school near Oakham, Rutland are currently looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Key Stage 2, Yr 5 with Autism. The suitable candidate will be also required to set clear boundaries, minimise the disruption in the classroom, help the child feel safe but also enjoy learning experience in the classroom. The candidate will also be responsible to support other children with their learning, if necessary.
This is a full time role starting ASAP until the end of the academic year - July 17.
The ideal candidate will have to have proven experience of working with children who suffer with autism, whose behaviour may present challenges in a school setting. They are looking for a suitable Teaching Assistant who is armed with emotional resilience and the drive to go the extra mile to ensure the child they work with acquires the skills to remain on task, be able to ask questions, stays safe during lessons and at break time.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional working manner
• A passion for working with children
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour & excellent behaviour management skills
• Good understanding of KS2/ British National Primary School curriculum
Although not essential, good degree in a relevant discipline (2.2 or above)
• OR A childcare or teaching assistant diploma (or other relevant qualification)
• or other restraint training
If you feel this description matches your personality, please contact Rachael Watchorn on 0116 216 2122 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.