Are you looking for your next opportunity in Central London and want to make a difference in a supportive working environment? If this is you – we want to hear from you!
I am working closely with a Secondary School based in the Central London borough of Hackney.
They are currently recruiting for Secondary Tutors/ Academic Mentors to join their team from SEPT22. If this tutoring job is of interest to you, please get in contact today.
About the School:
My client is looking for suitably qualified candidates to join their staff. The school is part of a multi-academy trust school based in Hackney:
- The school has smaller class sizes to enable maximum support and personalised learning.
- The school is a religious school with links to 2 primary school sites within walking distance.
- The school has a strict dress code and requires candidates to be tolerant of and respectful of school ethos. The school does have different timetables and term times.
- The school requires candidates who are able to work across primary and secondary schools.
- The staff numbers are quite large. The school looks for ambitious staff, who are enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individuals.
- The school is well connected with transport links.
About the role:
As a dedicated Tutor, we aim to:
- Link you with suitable roles working across Key Stages 3 to 5 - with the ability to work in the Primary School as well Key Stage 1 and 2
- Able to work with Literacy and Numeracy and core subjects including Sciences and Humanities
- Work within your parameters
- Be transparent with you in expectations about availability and details of any assignment
- Support you with providing opportunities to CPD (such as Safeguarding courses)
- Able to promote effective learning and consolidation strategies, meeting each student at their point of need
- Previous experience as a tutor would be advantageous.
- Suitable qualifications and certificates would be advantageous (LVL 3 Cache or degree in field would be advantageous). Degree in English or Humanities discipline (History, Geography, Politics, Sociology, Psychology) or Sciences or Mathematics would be advantageous. Would also suit an individual who is studying to either move into education or a role involving the disciplines.
- Steady career or study history with ability to supply a minimum of 2 recent references covering the last 3 years.
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills is a must.
- Must display calm and professional approach to managing small group expectations and behaviour standards
- Highly organized and good communication is a must. Must be able to work collaboratively and take direction from other staff.
- Clients are open to candidates with good to outstanding references.
What we offer:
- Dedicated consultant working on your behalf
- Access to Safeguarding professional development – with over 50 online courses available to Diploma and Certificate level
- Competitive rates
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being preferred suppliers to schools
- We’ve assisted over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed
- Protocol Education has received REC status, won ISO 9001 Customer Service awards and Investors in People accreditation
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.