Graduate Academic Support
As Graduate Academic Support , you will support pupils, parents, and teachers, to establish a supportive learning environment in which children make good academic progress. You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.
• Support pupil learning through the delivery of specific learning programmes, setting high expectations whilst encouraging their independence and building their confidence
• Mentor students on a 1:1 and group basis, as well as planning and leading a series of booster and intervention sessions to tackle difficult topics.
• Observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance.
• Assist with whole class teaching.
• Attend departmental co-planning to understand the curriculum and support in its development.
• Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher to assist in behaviour management and to support pupils in their learning objectives.
• Promote inclusion, encouraging pupils to interact and work collaboratively
• Adapt and develop resources for EAL and SEND pupils, ensuring their safety and enabling them to access the curriculum.
• Assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery and display boards.
• A genuine enthusiasm and commitment to working with secondary students
• Good organisation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good IT skills and keen to develop digital fluency
• An undergraduate degree in related STEM subject
• An ability to work under direction and as part of a team
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks. This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.