1:1 Youth Worker
A brilliant school in Bristol are looking to appointment a Youth Worker to support pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) on a direct, 1:1 basis. These needs may include Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH), Speech, Language and Communication needs (SLCN) and Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
You will be a part of a collaborative support team that play an extremely important role in the lives of students throughout the school day.
Your experience does not necessarily need to be in a school environment, but rather working or volunteering in youth groups, sports coaching, after school clubs or the care sector to name a few!
Start date: ASAP or 1st September. Full and part time applicants encouraged.
The successful applicant will:
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Be creative and ‘think outside of the box’ in their approach to supporting pupils with additional needs
- Have strong abilities to develop strong and trusting relationships
- Be a team player and able to work closely with other staff members and third parties
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional, and personal development and have empathy for their individual circumstances
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication, and learning skills
- Have a proven track record of working with young people or vulnerable adults, either on a paid or voluntary basis
- Have basic IT skills/ understanding
- Each term you will be given dedicated time for optional well-being activities
- Regular recognition awards
- Staff teams with a real ‘family’ feel
- Easy access to public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.