1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant
We are working with a school in Chelmsford to appoint a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant who has experience, or an interest, in supporting children with special educational needs, such as autism.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey. You will need to understand the subjects that you support the children in, be able to demonstrate a fair attitude and apply rules consistently. You will be resilient and have excellent de-escalation skills.
They are looking fro someone who can nurture supportive relationships and be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching. In addition to this, you will be required to assist the children during the lunch time.
The candidates will preferably have relevant NVQ qualifications or equivalent. They must have a good standard of English and Mathematics and basic computer skills. Previous experience is desirable.
- Experience or interest in supporting pupils with a range of needs e.g. Asperger's, Autism, ADHD, speech and / or language difficulties, cerebral palsy
- Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of successful strategies to engage pupils with specific and significant needs
- Experience of the EYFS and / or KS1 curriculum
- Flexible and adaptable with timetabling and the daily routines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with parents and relevant staff
- Personal Care
You need the following:
- Reside in the UK
- Have a right to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS
- Contactable references
Some perk of the role:
- 2 weeks off in October
- Continued CPD
- Weekly Pay - PAYE
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.